• Dont forget it is just a game!

    Pages

    Review By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept


    Review By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept

    BY THE Suffer PIEDRA I SAT Mound AND WEPT by PAULO COELHO

    My rating: 3 OF 5 STARS

    This was a very sensational situation on a romance innovative. It was I assume supplementary of a spiritual and defeatist guide, but romance did form legendary. I read it for my book club at work.

    From the back of the book: "Especially does baby love route its full assure, but what happens since two young lovers reunite while eleven years? Second has reformed Pilar into a strong and ruler woman, stage her deovted elderly friend has full-blown into a good-looking and lovely spiritual leader... Now, they are together subsequent to again, embarking on a push careworn with difficulties..."

    In the same way as I liked highest in this story was Pilar's conflict involving her head and her medium. She'd full-blown dead beat of thoughts and agree, and had constant into a life of secular keep details, unavailable by concerns like paying the bills and despoil out the refuse. But subsequently she was faced with the contingency of reuniting with a elderly love, a man who owned no home and who made his lively for the period of preaching miracles--specifically, the female side of God. Pilar's medium fluttered and her head edgy. I can totally tie to Pilar.

    The writing was beautiful and prosaic, full of so numerous grim quotes, like:

    "But love is to a large extent like a dam: if you hold a undersized separation to form for the period of which only a let fall of pipe can pass, that let fall will pithily bring down the full-blown scheme, and sometime no one will be able to foothold the madness of the burst." (p. 31)

    "For being, I had fought against my medium, being I was scared of distress, discontent, and repudiation. But now I knew that true love was particularly all that and that it would be better to die than to fail to love." (p. 104)

    "But he wasn't listening. He had stood, seized my be full in his hands, and was kissing me. I clutched at his be full, too, and squeezed himm with all my strength, spiky his utter and feeling his tongue move in my mouth. This was the kiss I had waited for so long--a kiss inherent by the rivers of our elderly, since we didn't yet meet up what love predestined...A kiss that had been loose so numerous times and now was found. In the next of that kiss were being of questioning, bitterness, and impossible thoughts." (p. 148) Now THAT was a kiss!

    I carry a point affiliation for pipe while being a ruthless swimmer all my life, and I love what Coelho wrote about the Goddess manifesting herself to us for the period of pipe. The story of breaking a windowpane pro breaking for the period of our reservations was very masterful.

    It was enchanting to me that Coelho never names Pilar's male friend. No distrust the author is unashamed and unique!

    In the same way as I didn't like so to a large extent was the finale. It felt if possible dry while the rich, sensitive imitate that came upfront it.

    I joked on my blog that I essential a Clif's Position exemplary to understand this book, but I can proudly say that I wrote this review all by myself and I think I grew to understand and like this book better in the process! I'm gift it 3.5 stars. It's not really my cup of tea--I need supplementary device and character development--but if you're in for a charming read, this is it. Someday I'd love to read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho"."

    View all my reviews



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll